Maxim Remains Positive on Kite Pharma (KITE) Following CAR/TCR Pipeline, KTE-C19 Launch Update; Affirms at 'Buy'
- Wall Street gains, helped by oil, economic data
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/5: (NVCN) (BCEI) (MEMP) Higher; (GTXI) (CERC) (HDSN) Lower
- Oil hits 16-month high in buying rush after OPEC agreement
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
The firm commented today:
Kite held its investor day yesterday in New York. At last year's investor day (June 2015), the question was not if CAR-T was effective in no-option B-cell cancer, but rather: is it possible for CAR-T therapies to be manufactured at scale? What will it cost? Is there a feasible business model? In the past year, Kite has greatly expanded its manufacturing and commercial infrastructure in parallel with clinical development of KTE-C19, for which the BLA could be filed this year. As such, at this year's investor day those questions have been answered and the focus has turned to what the commercial launch could look like.
CAR-T, in our view, has arrived at the commercialization doorstep for refractory B-cell cancer. However, this may be just the beginning. KTE-C19 is expanding to multiple indications in B-cell cancer and Kite is already aiming to move down the therapeutic pyramid to earlier stages of disease. The manufacturing plant and commercialization strategies, in our view, are key, as Kite now has the foundation to facilitate the development and ultimately commercialization (if successful) of multiple other CAR and TCR therapies.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Maxim Group Maintains Bullish View on Kite Pharma (KITE) Amid First BLA for CAR-T
- Instinet Upgrades McDonald's (MCD) to Buy
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades TripAdvisor (TRIP) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!