Maxim Remains Neutral on Inovio Pharma (INO) Amid INO-4212 Phase 1 Expansion; Focus is VGX-3100
- Wall Street hits record high for third day in a row
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
- Exclusive: Japan's TDK in talks to buy iPhone supplier InvenSense - sources
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Maxim affirms Inovio Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: INO) at Hold following news of an expansion to its INO-4212 Ebola vaccine phase 1.
Analyst Jason McCarthy noted the following on Thursday:
- Regulatory pathway. Given the lethality of the Ebola virus, the path forward likely will be via the two-animal rule. Meaning, studies of Ebolainfected primates could be used to demonstrate efficacy while safety and immunogenicity can be validated in healthy subjects. After phase I, much larger human safety studies will be required, as we have seen with J&J and partner Bavarian Nordic (BAVA - $36.93 - Buy), currently in multiple studies for their combo vaccine, including a N=1,300 phase II study.
- Conclusion. While Inovio's infectious disease vaccines continue to make progress in Ebola, Zika and MERS, which we see as incremental positives, our focus remains on VGX-3100 and the start of the pivotal program, hopefully by YE16.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Biogen (BIIB) PT Raised to $309 at Baird on Additional Sola Details
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on CarMax (KMX) to $72 Ahead of 3Q
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Nielsen Holdings (NLSN) to $45
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!