Maxim Remains Neutral on Inovio Pharma (INO) Amid INO-4212 Phase 1 Expansion; Focus is VGX-3100
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Maxim affirms Inovio Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: INO) at Hold following news of an expansion to its INO-4212 Ebola vaccine phase 1.
Analyst Jason McCarthy noted the following on Thursday:
- Regulatory pathway. Given the lethality of the Ebola virus, the path forward likely will be via the two-animal rule. Meaning, studies of Ebolainfected primates could be used to demonstrate efficacy while safety and immunogenicity can be validated in healthy subjects. After phase I, much larger human safety studies will be required, as we have seen with J&J and partner Bavarian Nordic (BAVA - $36.93 - Buy), currently in multiple studies for their combo vaccine, including a N=1,300 phase II study.
- Conclusion. While Inovio's infectious disease vaccines continue to make progress in Ebola, Zika and MERS, which we see as incremental positives, our focus remains on VGX-3100 and the start of the pivotal program, hopefully by YE16.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Axovant Sciences (AXON) Risk/Reward 'Massively Skewed to the Upside' - Baird
- Wedbush Reiterates Outperform on Pool Corp. (POOL) Following 3Q Report
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Lifted to $48 at Mizuho Following Solid Q3
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!