Maxim Positive on Onconova Therapeutics (ONTX) Following Q2 Report; Notes Accelerating INSPIRE Enrollment
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Maxim affirms Onconova Therapeutics (NASDAQ: ONTX) at Buy with a price target of $6 following Q2 results and update issued Monday.
Analyst Jason McCarthy noted the following key points today:
- Onconova reported 2Q16 with revenues of $2.2M and a net loss of $5.4M. The company ended the period with $12.8M in cash. Combined with net proceeds of $15.8M from a July financing, Onconova has $27.6M in cash on the balance sheet, sufficient capital to fund the remainder of the phase III pivotal study of Rigosertib in high-risk MDS (Myelodysplastic Syndromes, "INSPIRE", data expected 2018).
- INSPIRE (N=225) enrollment continues to accelerate as nearly two-thirds of the expected 135 sites are now on-line. Enrollment is expected to complete in 2017 and an interim look at the data (88 events) is expected in 2H17.
- Conclusion. We see Onconova as funded across multiple inflection (data) points over the next year. The stock is trading at a "distressed" valuation, stemming from a disconnect between prior study failures and the current intelligent trial design. As such we believe Onconova remains a good value play for investors.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Onconova Therapeutics (ONTX) Phase 2 Oral Rigosertib and Azacitidine Data at ASH Shows 35% Complete Remission Rate
- Benchmark Remains Bullish as Marcus Corporation (MCS) Announces Wehrenberg Theaters Acquisition
- Micron (MU) PT Raised to $25 at Brean Capital; Upbeat on Low Inventories
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!