Maxim Positive on ContraVir Pharma (CTRV) Following CMX157 Phase 2a Update
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Maxim affirms ContraVir Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: CTRV) at Buy with a price target of $4 after the company reported positive interim data for CMX157, the Company's highly potent prodrug of tenofovir, from its ongoing Phase 2a multiple ascending dose clinical study.
- More favorable safety profile. Patients treated with CMX157 had a much lower level of circulating tenofovir in bloodstream (tenofovir: C Max =2.8ng/mL; AUC = 34ng-h/mL) vs. patients treated with Viread (tenofovir: C Max=340 ng/mL, AUC 1910 ng-h/mL). The results demonstrated CMX157 has lower systemic tenofovir exposure, thus reducing the tenofovir-associated side effects and offering a better safety profile.
- Next steps. ContraVir plans to continue dose escalation at the 50mg and 100mg levels following completion of the current four-week dosing regimen and independent safety review. The study is expected to complete in 4Q16, with data coming out in early 2017.
- Conclusion. The interim data validate our belief that CMX157 potentially could be the next backbone regimen against HBV. 99% viral load reduction at only 1/12th the dose of Viread has demonstrated CMX157 as a highly potent and safe component (backbone) element in future anti-virus treatment of HBV.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Target (TGT) PT, Estimates Cut at Buckingham Research Following Miss
- UBS Downgrades Dynegy (DYN) to Sell
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Morgan Stanley (MS) to $49; Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!