Maxim Positive on ContraVir Pharma (CTRV) Following CMX157 Phase 2a Update
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Maxim affirms ContraVir Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: CTRV) at Buy with a price target of $4 after the company reported positive interim data for CMX157, the Company's highly potent prodrug of tenofovir, from its ongoing Phase 2a multiple ascending dose clinical study.
- More favorable safety profile. Patients treated with CMX157 had a much lower level of circulating tenofovir in bloodstream (tenofovir: C Max =2.8ng/mL; AUC = 34ng-h/mL) vs. patients treated with Viread (tenofovir: C Max=340 ng/mL, AUC 1910 ng-h/mL). The results demonstrated CMX157 has lower systemic tenofovir exposure, thus reducing the tenofovir-associated side effects and offering a better safety profile.
- Next steps. ContraVir plans to continue dose escalation at the 50mg and 100mg levels following completion of the current four-week dosing regimen and independent safety review. The study is expected to complete in 4Q16, with data coming out in early 2017.
- Conclusion. The interim data validate our belief that CMX157 potentially could be the next backbone regimen against HBV. 99% viral load reduction at only 1/12th the dose of Viread has demonstrated CMX157 as a highly potent and safe component (backbone) element in future anti-virus treatment of HBV.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on NeuroDerm (NDRM) to $30 After Meeting with FDA
- MoffettNathanson Downgrades AMC Networks (AMCX) to Sell
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Upgrades Envision Healthcare (EVHC) to Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!