Maxim Keeps ContraVir Pharma (CTRV) at 'Buy' as CMX157 Progresses into Phase 2a for HBV
- Wall Street flat as banks gain, utilities drag
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
- Trump Wants to Cancel New Air Force One Order with Boeing (BA)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Maxim affirms ContraVir Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: CTRV) with a Buy rating and $4 price target after the company announced that following a positive recommendation from an independent Data Safety Monitoring Board (DSMB), the company has begun enrolling the next dosing group in its head-to-head Phase 2a dose-escalation study comparing the safety and efficacy of ContraVir's CMX157 to tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (TDF, marketed by Gilead Sciences as Viread) in patients with chronic hepatitis B (HBV).
Analyst Jason Kolbert commented today,
The positive safety data, in our view, are continued validation of CMX157's unique chemistry, which induces rapid uptake in the liver, followed by more efficient conversion. The recently announced interim efficacy and safety data validate our belief that CMX157 potentially could be the next backbone regimen against HBV: 1/12th the dose of Viread, 99% reduction in viral load, positive safety profile.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades PennTex Midstream Partners, LP (PTXP) to Hold
- TherapeuticsMD (TXMD): Positive TX-001HR Data Supports Market Potential - Guggenheim
- Rodman & Renshaw Starts Plug Power (PLUG) at Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!