Maxim Group Starts Coherus Biosciences (CHRS) at Buy
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Maxim Group initiated coverage on Coherus Biosciences (NASDAQ: CHRS) with a Buy rating and a price target of $43. Analyst Jason McCarthy sees opportunity in biosimilars.
The analyst explained, "Biosimilars are coming as a wave of patent expirations breaks over the cliff, with over 30 biologics facing expiration before the end of the decade. It’s a $100B+ opportunity, and Coherus is on a path to drive at least three biosimilars to market ($30B opportunity) over the next several years: CHS-1701 (Neulasta, BLA filed), CHS-1420 (Humira, BLA filing YE16) and CHS-0214 (Enbrel, MAA filing YE16)."
McCarthy added, "Biosimilars could eventually rise to 50%-plus share of the market. Timing of commercialization is dependent on patent litigation, where we believe Coherus has a strategic advantage over competing biosimilars. We estimate that each Coherus biosimilar could capture up to 20% share in its respective market, representing a multibillion dollar opportunity for Coherus and its partners, pointing to upside at CHRS's current valuation."
Shares of Coherus Biosciences closed at $30.81 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cynosure (CYNO) PT, Estimates Trimmed at Stifel Despite Solid Results
- FBR Capital Sees Under Armour (UA) Sell-Off as Buying Opportunity
- Baxter (BAX) PT, Estimates Raised at Evercore ISI
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Related EntitiesMaxim Group, S1
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!