MasterCard (MA): Raising PT - Stifel
- Dow opens at record high led by oil, bank stocks
- Oil tops $55 for first time in 16 months as OPEC deal fuels buying
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Wall St. stock futures fall after Italy referendum
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/05: (FRP) (GMED) (CHK) Higher; (CERC) (HDSN) (MRVL) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Stifel analyst, Christopher Brendler, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of MasterCard (NYSE: MA) and raised his price target to $116 from $114 despite recently shifting his top pick to Visa (NYSE: V).
The analyst believes the strong results suggest MA may deserve a premium for its superior top line growth especially since MA is superior in terms of net revenue yield which may reflect more aggressive pricing and discipline on contract renewals.
The analyst still prefers Visa on valuation and multiple tailwinds, but he is increasingly confident in MA's organic top line growth and our above-consensus views. The new target price of $116 is based on a consistent 27x 2017 EPS.
Shares of MasterCard closed at $106.90 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Credit Suisse Upgrades National Beverage (FIZZ) to Outperform
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
- Cowen Is Cautious On lululemon athletica (LULU) Ahead Of The Print
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!