Marvell Technology (MRVL): Restructuring Taking Hold - Needham
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Needham & Company analyst, Quinn Bolton, reiterated his Hold rating on Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) following the results of a months-long strategic review of the business by new CEO, Matt Murphy.
Marvell will focus on its strengths in storing, moving and accessing data at high speeds and pursue two initiatives:
1) discontinue specific R&D programs, streamline engineering processes, and consolidate R&D sites to drive increased efficiency, which will result in a reduction of 900 positions worldwide; together with an anticipated meaningful reduction in legal and accounting costs, these actions are expected to reduce annualized NG OPEX by $180-200MM
2) divest certain non-strategic businesses that generated annualized revenue of ~$100MM and NG OPEX of ~$60MM in F1H17.
The restructuring actions in aggregate are expected to reduce annualized NG OPEX to a run rate of $820-840MM by the end of F3Q18 (Oct) from a current annualized run rate of $1,080MM. As a result of these actions, Marvell expects to incur related one-time charges of $90-110MM over the next four quarters, including cash charges of $35-50MM.
Shares of Marvell closed at $12.94 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Downgrades Vascular Solutions (VASC) to Hold Amid Takeover
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts Shopify (SHOP) at Perform
- Delta Air Lines (DAL) Names New Chief Communications Officer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Management Comments
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!