Marvell Technology (MRVL): Reiterate Hold On Lower Guidance - Jefferies
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Jefferies analyst, Mark Lipacis, reiterated his Hold rating on shares of Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) after the July quarter EPS beat but the outlook for the October quarter was weaker than expected. July quarter sales of $626M was slightly below consensus $630M (guidance $625-635M) but GM of 54.6% was above consensus 53% (guidance 52-54%) resulting in an 18c EPS beat, vs. consensus $0.11.
The real sticking point is guidance. Marvel's Oct Q sales/EPS outlook of $614M/$0.11 (midpts) were 450bps and 4c below consensus.
No change to the price target of $13.
Shares of Marvell closed at $12.94 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- M&T Bank (MTB) PT Raised to $165 at FBR Capital Following 4Q Beat
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades Abraxas Petroleum (AXAS) to Buy Amid Emerging Delaware Basin Potential
- JPMorgan Downgrades Endo International plc (ENDP) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Earnings
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!