Marvell Technology (MRVL): Reiterate Hold On Lower Guidance - Jefferies
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies analyst, Mark Lipacis, reiterated his Hold rating on shares of Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) after the July quarter EPS beat but the outlook for the October quarter was weaker than expected. July quarter sales of $626M was slightly below consensus $630M (guidance $625-635M) but GM of 54.6% was above consensus 53% (guidance 52-54%) resulting in an 18c EPS beat, vs. consensus $0.11.
The real sticking point is guidance. Marvel's Oct Q sales/EPS outlook of $614M/$0.11 (midpts) were 450bps and 4c below consensus.
No change to the price target of $13.
Shares of Marvell closed at $12.94 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Marvell (MRVL) to Sell
- Guggenheim Reiterates Buy on United Natural Foods (UNFI) Following 1Q Report
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Comtech Telecom (CMTL) to $16 Following 1Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Earnings
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!