Marvell Technology (MRVL): Reiterate Hold On Lower Guidance - Jefferies
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies analyst, Mark Lipacis, reiterated his Hold rating on shares of Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) after the July quarter EPS beat but the outlook for the October quarter was weaker than expected. July quarter sales of $626M was slightly below consensus $630M (guidance $625-635M) but GM of 54.6% was above consensus 53% (guidance 52-54%) resulting in an 18c EPS beat, vs. consensus $0.11.
The real sticking point is guidance. Marvel's Oct Q sales/EPS outlook of $614M/$0.11 (midpts) were 450bps and 4c below consensus.
No change to the price target of $13.
Shares of Marvell closed at $12.94 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Reliance Steel (RS) Following 3Q EPS Miss and Guidance
- Maxim Integrated (MXIM) PT Bumped to $45 at Jefferies Following In-Line Results on Note 7 Impact
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Danaher (DHR) Following 'Clean' 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Earnings
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!