Marcus Corporation (MCS): Raising PT On Significant Acquisition - B.Riley
- Wall Street set to open flat as investors test rally
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Biotech, Pharma Stocks Weaker Amid Trump Comments on Lower Drug Prices
- Oil slips on doubts output cut will end global glut
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/07: (EMKR) (PLAY) (WDC) Higher; (SIGM) (AVAV) (BLUE) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
B. Riley analyst, Eric Wold, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Marcus Corp. (NYSE: MCS) and raised the price target to $33.50 from $31 after the company announced the acquisition of Wehrenberg Theatres.
The analyst believes this acquisition will accomplish 4 things:
1) boost the company's theater penetration in the key Midwest region
2) increase the circuit’s screen base by 29%
3) provide numerous paths to improve revenues/margins through MCS’ theater-enhancement strategy
4) provide an opportunity to implement a reverse-1031 tax strategy to monetize hotel assets
The analyst stated "we have been anticipating a major acquisition for the past year, we would argue the 50% gain in MCS shares over that period has been a function of the outperformance of the MCS circuit vs. any increased optimism around hotel monetization efforts – and this remains incremental to both estimates and valuation".
The price target increases from $31.00 to $33.50 on an increasing multiple on the Theater division EBITDA estimate before any contribution from the Wehrenberg acquisition.
Shares of Marcus Corp. closed at $29.50 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Credit Suisse Upgrades Juniper Networks (JNPR) to Outperform
- Cowen Downgrades Nike (NKE) to Neutral; Sees Lower Guidance
- MoffettNathanson Downgrades AMC Networks (AMCX) to Sell
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesB. Riley, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!