Mallinckrodt (MNK): Details on Stratatech Acquisition - Mizuho
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Mizuho Securities analyst, Irina Koffler, reiterated her Buy rating on shares of Mallinckrodt plc (NYSE: MNK ) after Mallinckrodt acquired Stratatech, a private company focused on regenerative medicine to create skin substitutes. The financials terms of the deal were not released, but it is expected to close in 2H:CY16.
The management indicated the deal would be slightly dilutive to MNK through higher OpEx but it did not lower guidance, noting the strength in the core business should compensate for any dilution. Given the early stage of this program and the lack of financial details, we are not updating our model for now. However, the company is investing in an innovative biologic platform that is a strong strategic fit for its hospital sales force, and could generate a number of other pipeline indications.
No change to the price target of $91.00
Shares of Mallinckrodt plc closed at $78.77 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rosenblatt Upgrades NETGEAR (NTGR) to Buy
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Essendant (ESND) to $18 Following EPS Miss
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on VMware (VMW) to $91 Following Better Than Expected 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesIrina Koffler
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!