Major Pharma Got a Major Win Last Night - BMO
- Dollar lower, stocks flat as caution creeps in ahead of Trump inauguration
- General Electric (GE) Reports In-Line Q4 EPS
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q2 EPS by 2c
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BMO Capital analyst Alex Arfaei said a Trump presidency, Republican controlled congress, and apparent defeat of CA Prop 61 as significantly positive developments for major Pharma because they should lead to:
1) lower drug pricing pressure in the U.S.,
2) potential repeal of Obamacare with more industry friendly reforms,
3) increased probability for lower corporate tax rates, and profit repatriation, which should in turn lead to increased capital returned to shareholders and more M&A.
"We see the news as positive for our entire coverage universe, particularly for PFE (NYSE: PFE)," he said.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BMO Capital Downgrades Walt Disney (DIS) to Underperform; Too Early to Own for FY18
- UPDATE: JPMorgan Upgrades Checkpoint Software (CHKP) to Overweight
- Goldman Sachs Downgrades Equifax (EFX) to Sell
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesBMO Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!