Major Pharma Got a Major Win Last Night - BMO
- Energy weighs on S&P, Dow; techs boost Nasdaq
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Trump Wants to Cancel New Air Force One Order with Boeing (BA)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
- GoDaddy (GDDY) to Acquire Host Europe Group in ~$1.8B Deal
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
BMO Capital analyst Alex Arfaei said a Trump presidency, Republican controlled congress, and apparent defeat of CA Prop 61 as significantly positive developments for major Pharma because they should lead to:
1) lower drug pricing pressure in the U.S.,
2) potential repeal of Obamacare with more industry friendly reforms,
3) increased probability for lower corporate tax rates, and profit repatriation, which should in turn lead to increased capital returned to shareholders and more M&A.
"We see the news as positive for our entire coverage universe, particularly for PFE (NYSE: PFE)," he said.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BMO Capital Raises Price Target on Gildan Activewear (GIL) Following Investor Meetings
- Janus' Gross sees Trump trade view hurting long-term stock prices
- AbbVie (ABBV) Offers Update on IMBRUVICA Phase 2 in r/r MZL; Median Duration Response Not Reached
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesBMO Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!