Macquarie Upgrades Comcast Corp (CMCSA) to Outperform
- Wall Street gains, helped by oil, economic data
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/5: (NVCN) (BCEI) (MEMP) Higher; (GTXI) (CERC) (HDSN) Lower
- Oil hits 16-month high in buying rush after OPEC agreement
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Macquarie upgraded Comcast Corp (NASDAQ: CMCSA) from Neutral to Outperform with a price target of $77.00 (from $69.00).
Analyst Amy Yong commented, "DreamWorks, wireless optionality, and digital initiatives are driving Comcast’s evolution into becoming a one-stop shop for all things consumer. Xfinity’s brand paired with strategic acquisitions like DreamWorks and BuzzFeed drive our ‘16/’17 estimates higher (see Fig. 7) with an ~8% EPS CAGR through ’18. With that, we are upgrading to Outperform from Neutral, with a US$77 target, up from US$69.
The potential AT&T-Time Warner/pending Starz-Lionsgate deals are highlighting the merits of distribution-content. Comcast’s ample balance sheet optionality leaves room for additional vertical deals, particularly as the NBCU consent decree is set to expire in roughly one year."
Shares of Comcast Corp closed at $64.06 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Marvell (MRVL) to Sell
- Mizuho Securities Raises Price Target on PDC Energy (PDCE) to $81; Reiterates Neutral
- Instinet Upgrades McDonald's (MCD) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Upgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!