Macau Gaming Stocks Gain as September GGR 'Beats' (LVS) (MGM) (WYNN) (MPEL)
- Wall St. falls as earnings from some big names disappoint
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/25: (SAEX) (CWEI) (SWFT) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (UA) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Macau gaming stocks including Las Vegas Sands (NYSE: LVS), MGM Resorts (NYSE: MGM), Melco Crown Entertainment (NASDAQ: MPEL), and Wynn Resorts Ltd (NASDAQ: WYNN) are indicated higher Monday after September GGR in Macau increased 7.4% to MOP18.4b, which beat expectations of 5%.
Nomura analyst Harry Curtis said while headline number should invigorate the bulls, they are skeptical about the sustainability of the growth for several reasons:
1) We believe that the comp to cash ratio at several hotels has risen recently, which when normalized, would lead to lower GGR;
2) We also believe that the amount of credit issued recently has increased. The question investors must ask each operator is if bad debt reserves are increasing as well. It may take one or two quarters before write-offs of uncollectible markers becomes evident.
And, 3) Once Golden Week this week ends, we expect the daily GGR in Sept. of MOP639m to decline to MOP600m or less.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- T-Mobile (TMUS) PT Raised to $46 at Nomura, Remains Sidelined
- UPDATE: Chardan Capital Markets Starts Clovis Oncology (CLVS) at 'Sell' With Price Target of $15
- Cantor Fitzgerald Defends Corbus Pharmaceuticals (CRBP) Following Short Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!