MKM Partners Reiterates Buy on Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS) Following 3Q Report and Guide
- Wall Street set to open flat as investors test rally
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Biotech, Pharma Stocks Weaker Amid Trump Comments on Lower Drug Prices
- Oil slips on doubts output cut will end global glut
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/07: (EMKR) (PLAY) (WDC) Higher; (SIGM) (AVAV) (BLUE) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
MKM Partners reiterated a Buy rating and $67.00 price target on Dick's Sporting Goods (NYSE: DKS) following the company's 3Q earnings report. Excluding costs related to the conversion of 22 former Sports Authority stores, EPS increased 7% to $0.48 vs. $0.41 estimates. Consolidated comps increased 5.2% vs. 2.5% estimates and included a 5.5% gain at Dick's and a 3.3% decrease at Golf Galaxy. For 4Q16, MKM continues to expect 5.0% comps vs. guidance of 3%-6% but are trimming ex-items EPS estimates from $1.33 to $1.29 to better reflect guidance of $1.19-$1.31.
Analyst Patrick McKeever commented, "Same-store sales accelerated from 2Q and were the strongest since 4Q13, while EPS were well ahead of our forecast, driven in part by a significant improvement in merchandise margins. Management also raised FY16 guidance while taking what we think is a conservative approach to 4Q, given the warm weather. The stock was up more than 70% YTD going into the print (SPX up 6%) and sold off 7% yesterday (SPX up 1%), which put the forward P/E at only 14.7x. We remain bullish and would use the pullback as a buying opportunity."
Shares of Dick's Sporting Goods closed at $56.71 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Francesca's (FRAN) Following 3Q Report
- Sigma Designs (SIGM): Revenue Headwinds Drive PT Cut - Baird
- Deutsche Bank Starts Verisk Analytics (VRSK) at Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!