MKM Partners Reiterates Buy on Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)
- Top 10 News for 10/24 - 10/28: AT&T (T), Time Warner Make it Official; Margins Hamper Apple's Q4; Mergers Aplenty
- Wall St. falls as FBI to review more Clinton emails
- Clinton email problem resurfaces as FBI announces review
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
MKM Partners reiterated a Buy rating and $8.00 price target on Advanced Micro Devices (NASDAQ: AMD) as the company benefits from recent GPU launches.
Analyst Ian Ing commented, "We think both AMD and NVDA look like GPU winners here. Both companies are benefiting from recent GPU launches, with signs of abundant customer supply and attractive price-for-performance given continued premium pricing. With AMD's completed $1.3bn in offerings that retired straight debt, it is on a faster path to net income profitability (a key hurdle for some long-only investors). Our estimate adjustments due to GPU strength and recent stock and convertible offerings are described on p.2. For Buy-rated AMD, our price target remains $8, implying a 1.74x EV to FY17 sales. For Buy-rated NVDA, our new $74 price target (up from $70) is based on 37x (was 37.4x) our EPS of $1.85 plus $5.47/sh net cash."
Shares of AMD closed at $6.04 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) Shares Pop to Session Highs Amid M&A Chatter
- Radeon Pro 400 Series Graphics: AMD's Most Powerful Ultrathin Graphics Processors*
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Upgrades Twitter, Inc. (TWTR) to Perform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!