MKM Partners Reiterates Buy on Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)
- Wall Street falls sharply on worries about banks
- Some Deutsche Bank (DB) Clients Said to Reduce Collateral on Trades
- Qualcomm (QCOM) in Talks to Acquire NXP Semiconductors (NXPI) - DJ
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Comps Rose 3%
- After Near-Term Outperformance, Barclays Sees Apple (AAPL) Shares Flat from Here
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
MKM Partners reiterated a Buy rating and $8.00 price target on Advanced Micro Devices (NASDAQ: AMD) as the company benefits from recent GPU launches.
Analyst Ian Ing commented, "We think both AMD and NVDA look like GPU winners here. Both companies are benefiting from recent GPU launches, with signs of abundant customer supply and attractive price-for-performance given continued premium pricing. With AMD's completed $1.3bn in offerings that retired straight debt, it is on a faster path to net income profitability (a key hurdle for some long-only investors). Our estimate adjustments due to GPU strength and recent stock and convertible offerings are described on p.2. For Buy-rated AMD, our price target remains $8, implying a 1.74x EV to FY17 sales. For Buy-rated NVDA, our new $74 price target (up from $70) is based on 37x (was 37.4x) our EPS of $1.85 plus $5.47/sh net cash."
Shares of AMD closed at $6.04 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades Bonanza Creek Energy (BCEI) to Hold
- BMO Capital Raises Price Target on Methanex (MEOH) to $40
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on BlackBerry (BBRY) Following 2Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!