MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Micron Technology (MU) to $21; Reiterates Buy
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
MKM Partners reiterated a Buy rating on Micron Technology (NASDAQ: MU), and raised the price target to $21.00 (from $19.00), after adjusting estimates. DRAM spot pricing has been up high-teens since the start of Micron's August quarter. Checks also suggest that the PC DRAM contract should continue to rise in August 1H/2H after rising mid-single-digits in July.
Analyst Ian Ing commented, "We are raising our EPS estimates to Street-high for FY16 (August) and well into the upper half of consensus in FY17. Sell-side estimates remain too low, in our view, and need to rise closer to improving Buy-side sentiment. We see both concrete (spot, contract) and more anecdotal evidence (one quarter-length contract requests) that pricing is rising as the supply-demand balance is increasingly achieved. We maintain our Buy rating and raise our price target from $19 to $21 (1.9x our tangible book value estimate of $11.31)."
Shares of Micron Technology closed at $14.93 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Micron Technology (MU): Raising PT After Sizable Positive Preannouncement - UBS
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on PG&E Corp. (PCG) to $65 Following Rate Case Decision
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!