MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) Ahead of 2Q
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
MKM Partners reiterated a Buy rating on Finisar (NASDAQ: FNSR), and raised the price target to $37.50 (from $35.00), ahead of the company's 2Q earnings report. MKM is expecting the company to report strong results, above the consensus estimates.
Analyst Michael Genovese commented, "Finisar is scheduled to report 2QFY17 (October) on Thursday, December 8 after the close. We expect a strong report with likely upside to our above-consensus $367mn (+14% y/y, +7% q/q) revenue, 34.0% GMs and $0.47 EPS forecasts. The 3QFY17 guidance should also be strong because demand is robust and the annual price declines are looking much more gentle this year versus prior years, according to our checks. The company should be able to guide revenues at least to consensus at $377mn (+22% y/y, +4% q/q). Also, GMs could be up sequentially again, versus consensus flat at 34.0%, even with one month of annual price declines in the January quarter. We are leaving our estimates unchanged, and increasing our price target to $37.50 from $35 based on 17.5x FY18E EPS plus net cash (up from 16x). We think there is potential upside to the valuation to the extent that estimates move up after the report."
Shares of Finisar closed at $33.97 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
- Mizuho Securities Adjusts Estimates Following Gap, Inc. (GPS) Comp Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!