MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Ciena (CIEN) to $28; Reiterates Buy
- AT&T (T) Agrees to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for More than $80 Billion - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
MKM Partners reiterated a Buy rating on CIENA (NYSE: CIEN), and raised the price target to $28.00 (from $26.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. MKM's bullish view is based on the strong U.S. and European 100+G Metro and DCI cycles that should drive total Metro/DCI market growth through 2020.
Analyst Michael Genovese commented, "We give Ciena's 3QFY16 report and 4QFY16 guidance a solid "B" grade. Most important, and most positive, 3QFY16 GMs came in at 46.8% or 150bps ahead of our estimate in an environment rife with investor worry about too many competitors in DCI and European Metro. We would have given the report a strong "A" grade if there were $5mn more in revenues in each quarter of 2HFY16."
Shares of CIENA closed at $23.17 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- AMD (AMD) Q3 'Solid' - Jefferies
- Maxim Integrated (MXIM) PT Bumped to $45 at Jefferies Following In-Line Results on Note 7 Impact
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!