MKM Partners Raises Price Target on BlackBerry (BBRY) Following 2Q Beat
- Dow, S&P hit highs; Trump comment hammers drug stocks
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/7: (ANTH) (EMKR) (PLAY) Higher; (SIGM) (OHAI) (FTK) Lower
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Biotech, Pharma Stocks Weaker Amid Trump Comments on Lower Drug Prices
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
MKM Partners reiterated a Neutral rating on BlackBerry (NASDAQ: BBRY), and raised the price target to $8.00 (from $7.50), following the company's 2Q earnings report. EPS came in better than expected at $0.00, compared to ($0.06) estimates. Total revenues came in at $352mn, compared to consensus estimates at $392mn.
Analyst Michael Genovese commented, "2QFY17 nonGAAP GMs/EPS came in better than expected at 62.2%/$0.00, compared to our 50.5%/($0.06) estimates. Mobility Solutions or Hardware GMs improved to 26% from 8% and segment operating loss fell to $8mn from $21mn versus the prior quarter, despite shortfalls in Mobility Solutions revenues ($105mn actual vs. $155mn MKMe), units (0.4mn actual vs. 0.5mn MKMe) and ASPs ($271 actual vs. $293 MKMe). We remain Neutral on BBRY because the company also missed 2QFY17 Software & Services revenues ($156mn actual vs. $171mn MKMe). We fail to see which of the Software business lines (Enterprise Mobility Management, Automotive, IoT, etc) will turn into a strong market share gainer and revenue driver for BlackBerry going forward."
Shares of BlackBerry closed at $8.33 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Francesca's (FRAN) Following 3Q Report
- Mizuho Securities Raises Price Target on Francesca's (FRAN) Following 3Q Beat
- Western Digital (WDC) PT Raised to $100 at Brean Capital on Way to $120
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!