MKM Partners Defends Tutor Perini (TPC) After Muddy Waters' Short Call
- Wall St. slips as countdown to Trump's swearing-in begins
- Western Union (WU) Admits Anti-Money Laundering and Consumer Fraud Violations, Forfeits $586M in Settlement
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- Apple (AAPL) PT Raised to $140 at BofA/Merrill Lynch; iPhone 8 Will be 'Super-Long' Cycle
- Morgan Stanley Upgrades Tesla Motors (TSLA) to Overweight
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
MKM Partners analyst Daniel Scott defended Tutor Perini Corporation (NYSE: TPC) following yesterday's sharp sell-off (>6%) on reports Muddy Waters was recommending shorting the stock, saying cash flows and cash levels have been insufficient to weather the "unpredictable, negative free cash flow business." Scott reiterated a Buy rating and price target of $28.
"We note that the company reiterated revenue and earnings guidance on the call and was looking for stronger 2H cash flows, which is seasonally typical for the company," the analyst said.
The report also cited risk that the company's bank lenders could "pull" the credit facility, which they believe is unfounded given the company being well within its leverage limit.
Shares of Tutor Perini Corporation closed at $20.75 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tutor Perini Corporation (TPC) PT Raised to $35.00 at Canaccord Genuity
- UPDATE: SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Starts TransDigm (TDG) at Buy
- UPDATE: SunTrust Starts Mercury Computer (MRCY) at Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Short Sales
Related EntitiesEarnings, Muddy Waters LLC
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!