MGM Resorts (MGM) PT Raised to $32 at Nomura
- Wall Street falls as bank, healthcare shares weigh
- Qualcomm (QCOM) Faces U.S. Antitrust Case Over Licensing - Bloomberg
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
- Verizon Communications (VZ) May Acquire Big Cable Company - NYP (CHTR) (CMCSA)
- Citron Research Negative on Lannett (LCI); Sees Shares at 'Zero' Over Long Term
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Nomura Securities analyst Harry Curtis reiterated a Buy rating and boosted his price target on MGM Resorts (NYSE: MGM) to $32.00 (from $28.00), suggesting 22% upside from current levels. The analyst expects a stream of mostly positive catalysts
1) Continued pricing upside in Las Vegas. Most investors expect upside to 3Q16 guidance of 7% based on rate surveys that suggest at least 100bps outperformance. There is greater skepticism about 4Q though, because of MGM 's difficult RevPAR comp last year (11.9%). Our survey shows ~25% sequential pricing in Oct. and Nov. on transient rates, which should translate into RevPAR growth of at least 3.5%, with upside to 5%+. We have published a companion note on Las Vegas RevPAR this morning.
2) National Harbour, which opens in Dec., will be the region 's must see resort in the Mid-Atlantic,
3) RevPAR growth in Las Vegas in 1Q17 should be above trend because the Conagra convention cycles through Vegas, and
4) The opening of MGM Cotai in 2Q should lead to EBITDA growth in Macau for the first time since 4Q14.
Shares of MGM Resorts closed at $26.23 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: JPMorgan Downgrades OneMain (OMF) to Neutral
- Ionis Pharma (IONS): Cutting PT But Improving Fundamentals - BMO
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades Parkway Properties (PKY) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!