Lululemon (LULU) Promotion was Previously Contemplated - Oppenheimer
- World stocks hold near 16-month highs after strong week
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Oil edges higher on optimism over non-OPEC output cuts
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Sibanye Gold (SBGL) to Acquire Stillwater Mining Company (SWC) in $2.2B Deal
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Oppenheimer analyst Anna Andreeva notes that over the past few days, mark downs at Lululemon Athletica Inc. (NASDAQ: LULU) clearance "we made too much" portion of ecomm increased substantially, creating additional fear on already controversial stock. However, according to the company, this was contemplated in the 3Q16 guidance provided in September and is part of efforts to keep stores clean. Per the firm's checks, clearance at actual stores limited to 1-2 racks at most.
Andreeva notes this activity comes on top of the Boston warehouse sale last year (10/16-10/18, $3M sales) and is significantly less deep in units promoted (hence less margin-dilutive given also online).
"With shares down substantially from August highs, we believe buy-side expectations embedding both sales and margin miss; comps in line with MSD guide; and still potential for better margins sufficient at these levels," the analyst said.
The firm maintained an Outperform rating but lowered its price target to $70.00 (from $80.00).
Shares of Lululemon Athletica Inc. closed at $56.30 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Lululemon Athletica (LULU) PT Raised to $75 at Oppenheimer
- Broadcom (AVGO) PT Raised to $210 at Mizuho
- Restoration Hardware (RH) PT Cut to $30 at Cowen
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!