Lululemon (LULU) Promotion was Previously Contemplated - Oppenheimer
- Wall Street dips as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- Western Union (WU) Admits Anti-Money Laundering and Consumer Fraud Violations, Forfeits $586M in Settlement
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- Apple (AAPL) PT Raised to $140 at BofA/Merrill Lynch; iPhone 8 Will be 'Super-Long' Cycle
- Morgan Stanley Upgrades Tesla Motors (TSLA) to Overweight
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Oppenheimer analyst Anna Andreeva notes that over the past few days, mark downs at Lululemon Athletica Inc. (NASDAQ: LULU) clearance "we made too much" portion of ecomm increased substantially, creating additional fear on already controversial stock. However, according to the company, this was contemplated in the 3Q16 guidance provided in September and is part of efforts to keep stores clean. Per the firm's checks, clearance at actual stores limited to 1-2 racks at most.
Andreeva notes this activity comes on top of the Boston warehouse sale last year (10/16-10/18, $3M sales) and is significantly less deep in units promoted (hence less margin-dilutive given also online).
"With shares down substantially from August highs, we believe buy-side expectations embedding both sales and margin miss; comps in line with MSD guide; and still potential for better margins sufficient at these levels," the analyst said.
The firm maintained an Outperform rating but lowered its price target to $70.00 (from $80.00).
Shares of Lululemon Athletica Inc. closed at $56.30 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Netflix (NFLX) PT Raised to $165.00 at Oppenheimer
- PTC Inc. (PTC) PT Raised to $60 at Citi; Reiterates Buy
- Roth Capital Downgrades Ideal Power (IPWR) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!