Lululemon (LULU) Earnings Turnaround Likely Underway - Credit Suisse
- Wall St. rises amid robust GDP data, mixed earnings
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- AbbVie (ABBV) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Credit Suisse analyst C. Buss reiterated an Outperform rating and $76 price target on Lululemon Athletica Inc. (NASDAQ: LULU), saying their proprietary pricing and inventory analysis suggests lululemon's long-awaited earnings turnaround is likely underway, driven by a best-in-class pricing strategy, normalized inventory levels, and supply-chain driven margin expansion.
That said, with the stock up 80% from trough levels in November, versus the S&P 500 up 6%, and shares now trading at 30x P/E, the likelihood of a multi-year merchandise margin expansion phase now seems well-embedded in expectations.
Buss said this means top-line trends must maintain the momentum seen year-to-date in order to deliver earnings upside, which we see as the most likely catalyst for further upside to shares.
Shares of Lululemon Athletica Inc. closed at $78.19 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wedbush Remains Bullish on Amazon.com (AMZN) Following 3Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Following 3Q
- Alphabet (GOOGL) (GOOG) PT Raised to $925 at Needham & Company
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse, Standard & Poor's, Earnings, Christian Buss
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!