Lululemon (LULU) Earnings Turnaround Likely Underway - Credit Suisse
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Credit Suisse analyst C. Buss reiterated an Outperform rating and $76 price target on Lululemon Athletica Inc. (NASDAQ: LULU), saying their proprietary pricing and inventory analysis suggests lululemon's long-awaited earnings turnaround is likely underway, driven by a best-in-class pricing strategy, normalized inventory levels, and supply-chain driven margin expansion.
That said, with the stock up 80% from trough levels in November, versus the S&P 500 up 6%, and shares now trading at 30x P/E, the likelihood of a multi-year merchandise margin expansion phase now seems well-embedded in expectations.
Buss said this means top-line trends must maintain the momentum seen year-to-date in order to deliver earnings upside, which we see as the most likely catalyst for further upside to shares.
Shares of Lululemon Athletica Inc. closed at $78.19 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stifel Resumes Target (TGT) at Hold
- Goldman Sachs Upgrades Emerge Energy Services LP (EMES) to Buy
- Microsoft (MSFT) Azure Building Momentum, Gross Profit Expansion Coming - Goldman Sachs
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse, Standard & Poor's, Earnings, Christian Buss
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!