Lowe's Cos. (LOW): RONA Should Be Accretive in 2Q - UBS
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
UBS analyst, Michael Lasser, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Lowe's (NYSE: LOW) along with his price target of $88.00 noting that the RONA deal is likely to be accretive to 2Q results.
LOW closed on its acquisition of RONA on May 20, so the Canadian retailer's financials should have a significant bearing on LOW's 2Q results. Herein, we lay out our combined estimates. For Lowe's, we model a 4.0% comp in 2Q, which is in-line with the cons. est. In addition, we forecast RONA will contribute an additional ~$780 mm in sales for the 70 days of 2Q since the deal closed. This equates to sales growth of 3.7% for RONA in the period after adjusting for FX. This is essentially in-line with the 3.4% adj. sales growth it experienced in 1Q. On our math, we expect the deal to be LSD accretive in the first year prior to closing (in-line with LOW's commentary), before accelerating to MSD accretion in year 2.
Shares of Lowe's closed at $80.98 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mizuho Securities Downgrades Community Health (CYH) to Underperform
- PAREXEL (PRXL) PT, Estimates Lowered at Evercore ISI
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on VMware (VMW) to $91 Following Better Than Expected 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesUBS, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!