Lowe's Cos. (LOW): Look Past The Weaker 2Q - Oppenheimer
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Oppenheimer analyst, Brian Nagel, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Lowe's (NYSE: LOW) noting that on Aug. 17th, LOW disappointed investors with a weaker than expected Q2 (July) report. The analyst closely studied recent trends at LOW and other sector data points. While less than stringent operational controls at LOW are frustrating, the analyst has the view that recent sales weakness at LOW reflects primarily unfavorable weather.
The analyst recommends using the weakness to acquire shares and stated "At current levels, LOW now trades at about 17.5x NTM consensus EPS forecasts and a P/E multiple relative to that of the S&P 500 of about 1.0x (also using Street forecasts), marking the lowest level in the metric since mid-2012."
No change to the price target of $94.
Shares of Lowe's closed at $77.47 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- NXP Semiconductors (NXPI) PT Raised at Oppenheimer Ahead of Earnings and Potential M&A
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Kimberly-Clark (KMB) Following 3Q Report
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on T-Mobile (TMUS) to $55 Following 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!