Lowe's Cos. (LOW): Look Past The Weaker 2Q - Oppenheimer
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Oppenheimer analyst, Brian Nagel, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Lowe's (NYSE: LOW) noting that on Aug. 17th, LOW disappointed investors with a weaker than expected Q2 (July) report. The analyst closely studied recent trends at LOW and other sector data points. While less than stringent operational controls at LOW are frustrating, the analyst has the view that recent sales weakness at LOW reflects primarily unfavorable weather.
The analyst recommends using the weakness to acquire shares and stated "At current levels, LOW now trades at about 17.5x NTM consensus EPS forecasts and a P/E multiple relative to that of the S&P 500 of about 1.0x (also using Street forecasts), marking the lowest level in the metric since mid-2012."
No change to the price target of $94.
Shares of Lowe's closed at $77.47 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- Maxim Integrated (MXIM) PT Bumped to $45 at Jefferies Following In-Line Results on Note 7 Impact
- Wedbush Reiterates Outperform on Pool Corp. (POOL) Following 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!