Lowe's Cos. (LOW): EPS Misses On Soft Sales - Jefferies
- Wall St. falls as earnings from some big names disappoint
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/25: (SAEX) (CWEI) (SWFT) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (UA) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Jefferies analyst, Daniel Binder, reiterated his Hold rating on shares of Lowe's (NYSE: LOW) after sales were softer than expected with a 2% comp sales gain. Management highlighted weather issues resulting in a truncated spring season. This translated to a wider comp gap with Home Depot (NYSE: HD) (350 bps), which rattled investors and added skepticism about 2H guidance. Similar to HD, the Pro business outperformed with a 400 bp spread. RONA is expected to be accretive, but integration activity adds usual risks.
No change to the price target of $81.
Shares of Lowe's closed at $76.88 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Rambus (RMBS) Following 3Q Report
- Deutsche Bank Downgrades VF Corp. (VFC) to Hold
- Visa (V) PT Raised to $97 at UBS on Solid Q4
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!