Lionsgate (LGF): Two Weak Titles Create Earnings Risk - Stifel
- Futures fall on Brexit worries, Trump's dollar comments
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Tops Q4 EPS by 17c
- Trump, Brexit uncertainty hit stocks and dollar, gold jumps
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Stifel analyst, Benjamin Mogil, reiterated his Hold rating on shares of Lions Gate (NYSE: LGF), after "Blair Witch" opened well below expectations at nearly half the expected box office. Poor word of mouth and exit polls not only lead to the weekend decline to accelerate but bodes poorly going forward. While the film was not a big driver in guidance, expectations were rising during last week bolstering the stock.
The analyst also views tracking on "Deepwater Horizon" as weak, but with that film the biggest for the year for LGF a weak opening has material implications.
The analyst has no official price target due to the Hold rating.
Shares of Lions Gate closed at $21.59 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bernstein Upgrades Lions Gate (LGF) to Outperform
- Ionis Pharma (IONS): Cutting PT But Improving Fundamentals - BMO
- FBR Capital Reiterates Market Perfrm on Wells Fargo (WFC) Following 4Q Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesStifel, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!