Lionsgate (LGF): Two Weak Titles Create Earnings Risk - Stifel
- Wall Street climbs in wake of first presidential face-off
- Nike (NKE) Tops Q1 EPS by 17c; Futures Orders Miss Views
- Tempur Sealy (TPX) Updates on Outlook; Sees Q3 Sales Below Prior Expectations
- Galectin (GALT) Reports Exploratory Phase 2a Pilot Trial of GR-MD-02 in Nash Misses Primary Biomarker Endpoint; Announces $1.5M Private Placement
- After-Hours Stock Movers 09/27: (SEED) (GALE) (CTAS) Higher; (GALT) (TPX) (NKE) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Stifel analyst, Benjamin Mogil, reiterated his Hold rating on shares of Lions Gate (NYSE: LGF), after "Blair Witch" opened well below expectations at nearly half the expected box office. Poor word of mouth and exit polls not only lead to the weekend decline to accelerate but bodes poorly going forward. While the film was not a big driver in guidance, expectations were rising during last week bolstering the stock.
The analyst also views tracking on "Deepwater Horizon" as weak, but with that film the biggest for the year for LGF a weak opening has material implications.
The analyst has no official price target due to the Hold rating.
Shares of Lions Gate closed at $21.59 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stifel Upgrades Francesca's Holdings (FRAN) to Buy
- Brean Capital Raises Price Target on SYNNEX Corp. (SNX) Following 3Q Report
- Stifel Reiterates Buy Following Carnival Corp's (CCL) Strong 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesStifel, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!