Linde Ag Sponsored Adr (LNEGY): A Deal Is Possible - Deutsche Bank
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Deutsche Bank analyst, Tom Jones, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Linde (OTC: LNEGY) noting that a deal between Praxair and Linde is possible but complicated.
Newswires (WSJ, Bloomberg and Reuters) have reported on a possible tie-up of Praxair (PX.N, USD118.03, Hold) and Linde. It’s unclear who may bid for who as Reuters is saying that Praxair is bidding for Linde while WSJ and Bloomberg seems to talk about a merger of the two names.
The analyst stated "We do see a deal here as possible and note that we are firmly in the middle of a surge in M&A in the chemicals/gases space as CEOs look to drive profit growth in a soft macro, utilize strong balance sheets and take advantage of low interest rates."
Praxair’s shares have performed poorly in the past 1-2 years and management is under pressure to improve growth prospects. The analyst notes that Linde has had 2 profit warnings in the past two years and has similarly struggled to deliver robust profit growth.
No change to the price target of 150 Euros however this is not an indication of the fair value for a transaction.
Shares of closed at $15.55 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pandora (P) Advisers Said to Begin Reaching Out to Possible Suitors Following Approach from Sirius (SIRI) - Bloomberg
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
- B&G Foods (BGS) Acquires Victoria Fine Foods for $70M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!