LendingTree (TREE): 4 Reasons To Like The CompareCards Acquisition - Needham
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Needham & Company analyst, Kerry Rice, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Lending Tree (NASDAQ: TREE) after the company announced the announced the acquisition of CompareCards for $130M.
The analyst is positive on this acquisition for the following reasons:
1) the acquisition should significantly strengthen TREE’s position in the credit card market from both an issuer and competitive standpoint
2) CompareCards' 21% EBITDA margin is accretive and EBITDA levels should continue to grow
3) the target company's Search Engine Marketing expertise is leveragable across LendingTree’s other brands, which should augment the company’s already high quality consumer traffic
4) the analyst believes the valuation is reasonable
No change to the price target of $140.
Shares of Lending Tree closed at $88.15 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Netflix (NFLX) PT Raised to $165.00 at Oppenheimer
- UPDATE: SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Starts Rockwell Collins (COL) at Hold
- Plexus (PLXS) PT Raised to $57 at RBC Capital
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!