LendingTree (TREE): 4 Reasons To Like The CompareCards Acquisition - Needham
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Needham & Company analyst, Kerry Rice, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Lending Tree (NASDAQ: TREE) after the company announced the announced the acquisition of CompareCards for $130M.
The analyst is positive on this acquisition for the following reasons:
1) the acquisition should significantly strengthen TREE’s position in the credit card market from both an issuer and competitive standpoint
2) CompareCards' 21% EBITDA margin is accretive and EBITDA levels should continue to grow
3) the target company's Search Engine Marketing expertise is leveragable across LendingTree’s other brands, which should augment the company’s already high quality consumer traffic
4) the analyst believes the valuation is reasonable
No change to the price target of $140.
Shares of Lending Tree closed at $88.15 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
- Mizuho Securities Adjusts Estimates Following Gap, Inc. (GPS) Comp Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!