LendingClub (LC): Raising PT to $6.50 - FBR
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
- Microsoft (MSFT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- Oil rises on Russia's output freeze commitment
- AMD (AMD) Posts Q3 Operating EPS of 3c; Sees Q4 Revenue Down Sequentially
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
FBR Capital analyst, Bob Ramsay, reiterated his Market Perform rating on shares of Lending Club (NYSE: LC) after performing an analysis of the company's credit quality.
The analyst believes that LC's longer-term success will ultimately depend on credit quality and the predictability of investor returns. Given concerns about the general U.S. consumer and LC's F&G loan performance, the analyst has taken a closer look at LC's credit trends, investor returns, loan product details, and origination mix shifts.
The analyst stated "Despite what appears to be mostly stable trends on the credit front, we remain on the sidelines at current levels, since it may take time for investors—particularly banks— to return to 1Q16 levels of funding. The drop in originations and increase in expenses have also pushed out profitability, challenging valuation off of earnings or EBITDA".
The analyst raises his price target to $6.50 (from $4.00 equal to 2.7x TBV due to expanding market multiples.
Shares of Lending Club closed at $5.50 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Microsoft (MSFT) PT Lifted to $68 at Nomura
- Nomura Securities Upgrades Chesapeake Energy (CHK) to Neutral
- Benchmark Electronics (BHE): Raising PT - Needham
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!