Leerink is "cautiously optimistic" on Ultragenyx Pharma's (RARE) triheptanoin
- Techs buoy S&P, Nasdaq; Goldman pushes Dow to record high
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- Oil hits 16-month high in buying rush after OPEC agreement
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Berkshire Hathaway (BRK-A) Book Value Could Be Boosted by $29B from Trump Tax Plan - Analyst
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Leerink Partners analyst, Joseph Schwartz, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Ultragenyx Pharma (NASDAQ: RARE) as he believes triheptanoin could be RARE’s second largest product behind KRN23 and have more impactful news flow over the near term.
In anticipation of upcoming LC-FAOD and Glut1 DS data in 2H16, the analyst took a closer look at the company-sponsored triheptanoin programs and is cautiously optimistic for positive data in both. He estimates a 60% probabilities of success.
The analyst stated "Based on triheptanoin’s underlying mechanism which resembles interventions that have worked before (MCT and KD), previous investigator data showing ~50% reduction in seizures on EEG, offset by small study size, patient demographics and the potential need for an additional (i.e. superiority to KD study) study, the analyst remain cautiously optimistic on triheptanoin prospects in Glut1 DS ahead of Ph2 seizure data in 2H".
No change to $85 PT.
Shares of Ultragenyx Pharma closed at $69.36 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Marvell (MRVL) to Sell
- Roth Capital Affirms Stemline Therapeutics (STML) at 'Buy' Following Strong SL-401 Update
- Maxim Group Maintains Bullish View on Kite Pharma (KITE) Amid First BLA for CAR-T
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!