Leerink Sees Cabozantinib Phase 3 Data in HCC as Incremental Positive for Exelis (EXEL)
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Analyst Michael Schmidt, PhD, commented today,
Based on the pre-planned interim analysis that occurred at 50% of the required overall survival (OS) events, the study will continue until the next interim that is expected at 75% of the OS events. To our knowledge the trial has not yet completed enrolling and mgmt. previously guided to top-line results in 2017.
We view HCC as another major upside opp'ty for EXEL that is not yet reflected in the stock (or our valuation). Reiterating our OP recommendation on EXEL which is based on our thesis that recently FDA approved Cabo is well positioned to capture significant market share in the treatment of renal cell carcinoma (RCC), while expectations for Cotellic (approved in BRAF+ melanoma) are still only modest but could drive significant value if approved in more prevalent cancers such as colorectal.
Potential label extension opportunities for Cabo e.g. in HCC or in combination with PD1 inhibitors could drive further upside not yet reflected in the stock. Next updates at ESMO in early October (LINK) center around presentation of the Phase II CABOSUN trial results in 1L RCC as a late breaker which could potentially expand the utility of Cabo further.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rosenblatt Upgrades NETGEAR (NTGR) to Buy
- Drexel Hamilton Raises Price Target on VMware (VMW) Following 3Q
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on W.R. Grace & Co. (GRA); Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!