Leerink Says Seattle Genetics' (SGEN) Pipeline Value Drivers Still Underappreciated
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Leerink reiterates Seattle Genetics, Inc. (Nasdaq: SGEN) at Outperform with a price target of $62 following the presentation of updated clinical data for enfortumab vedotin (ASG-22ME) and ASG-15ME at ESMO 2016.
The firm commented today,
The updated dose-escalation data indicates impressive single agent response rates (up to 59% ORR [objective response rate]) in relapsed/refractory urothelial cancer patients, in particular for ASG-22ME (enfortumab vedotin) with some durable responses while progression free survival (PFS) data is still evolving. Mgmt expanded both Phase I trials to include additional cohorts of patients who previously received checkpoint inhibitors to further understand safety and activity in this population. Given the strong single-agent activity at the recommended Phase II dose, we think SGEN could potentially pursue an accelerated approval strategy for enfortumab vedotin post-PD1 inhibitors, or a randomized strategy in urothelial cancers. Discussions with regulatory agencies are planned next. We remain OP-rated on the stock based on our thesis that Adcetris has a high probability of success in becoming the standard of care in front-line treatment of Hodgkin Lymphoma (r/rHL) while addl. value drivers in SGEN's pipeline including ASG-15ME/22ME are still underappreciated.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Barclays Downgrades Seattle Genetics (SGEN) to Equalweight
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
- Galena Biopharma (GALE) PT Raised to $4 at Maxim Group into San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!