Leerink Positive on Ophthotech (OPHT) Amid Regeneron (REGN) Failure
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
- Microsoft (MSFT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- Oil rises on Russia's output freeze commitment
- AMD (AMD) Posts Q3 Operating EPS of 3c; Sees Q4 Revenue Down Sequentially
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
With Ophthotech Corp (NASDAQ: OPHT) shares down sharply this morning after Regeneron (NASDAQ: REGN) announced that Rinucumab (anti-PDGF-beta) co-formulated with Eylea (aflibercept) did not show any benefit over Eylea alone in the treatment of wet age-related macular degeneration (wAMD), Leerink analyst Joseph Schwartz defended the name.
Schwartz sees only limited read-through to OPHT's upcoming Fovista + Lucentis Phase 3 results in 4Q16 and it increases the potential reward from Fovista.
"We now believe OPHT could be fairly valued in the range of $92-135 per share if mid- or high-single-digit numbers of letters of visual acuity (VA) are gained, as discussed in our updated scenario analysis earlier this month," he said. "We continue to believe that OPHT will achieve clinical success this year when results from two concurrent Phase 3 studies are released in 4Q, but the question about magnitude of effect remains to be seen. Our base model assigns an 80% PoS for Fovista, leading to peak US sales of $1.26B. OPHT will simultaneously report results from two pivotal Ph.3 Fovista/Lucentis trials in 4Q, with the primary endpoints for these trials being reported separately from both identical Ph.3 trials and secondary endpoints analyzed together."
The firm maintained an Outperform rating and price target of $72.00
Shares of Ophthotech Corp closed at $54.12 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Numbers on Lululemon (LULU) Amid Still Elevated Promotions
- Berenberg Upgrades Reynolds American (RAI) to Buy
- Nomura Securities Upgrades Chesapeake Energy (CHK) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA, Hot Comments, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!