Leerink Positive on Aurinia Pharma (AUPH) Following Presentation of Data from Voclosporin Phase 2b in Lupus Nephritis
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Leerink affirms Aurinia Pharmaceuticals Inc. (AUPH) at Outperform with a price target of $7 after the company highlighted additional findings from its global Phase IIb AURA study of voclosporin in the treatment of lupus nephritis (LN) at the American College of Rheumatology and Association of Rheumatology Health Professionals (ACR/ARHP) Annual Meeting in Washington, D.C. during the Late-Breaking News session on November 15, 2016.
The firm commented Thursday:
Full data from the AURA study presented at the American College of Rheumatology and Association of Rheumatology Health Professionals (ACR/ARHP) showed that the response provided by voclosporin was rapid, with most patients achieving complete response (CR) at or before the eighth week of the trial.
The AURA study was not only the first global lupus nephritis (LN) study to meet its primary endpoint, but the study also achieved all of its secondary endpoints. While adverse events were higher in the voclosporin arms, this is consistent with increased immunosuppression. We believe this is a standard feature of existing LN regimens which often fail and a necessary price to pay for a higher likelihood of achieving a CR, which has been associated with much improved kidney survival.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Generics File Against New Teva Pharma (TEVA) Copaxone 40MG Patent - Evercore ISI
- M&T Bank (MTB) PT Raised to $165 at FBR Capital Following 4Q Beat
- Hilliard Lyons Upgrades Community Trust Bancorp (CTBI) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!