Leerink Positive on Aurinia Pharma (AUPH) Following Presentation of Data from Voclosporin Phase 2b in Lupus Nephritis
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Leerink affirms Aurinia Pharmaceuticals Inc. (AUPH) at Outperform with a price target of $7 after the company highlighted additional findings from its global Phase IIb AURA study of voclosporin in the treatment of lupus nephritis (LN) at the American College of Rheumatology and Association of Rheumatology Health Professionals (ACR/ARHP) Annual Meeting in Washington, D.C. during the Late-Breaking News session on November 15, 2016.
The firm commented Thursday:
Full data from the AURA study presented at the American College of Rheumatology and Association of Rheumatology Health Professionals (ACR/ARHP) showed that the response provided by voclosporin was rapid, with most patients achieving complete response (CR) at or before the eighth week of the trial.
The AURA study was not only the first global lupus nephritis (LN) study to meet its primary endpoint, but the study also achieved all of its secondary endpoints. While adverse events were higher in the voclosporin arms, this is consistent with increased immunosuppression. We believe this is a standard feature of existing LN regimens which often fail and a necessary price to pay for a higher likelihood of achieving a CR, which has been associated with much improved kidney survival.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Galena Biopharma (GALE) PT Raised to $4 at Maxim Group into San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on PG&E Corp. (PCG) to $65 Following Rate Case Decision
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!