Leerink Partners Upgrades Intellia Therapeutics (NTLA) to Outperform
- Wall St. falls as earnings from some big names disappoint
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/25: (SAEX) (CWEI) (SWFT) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (UA) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Leerink Partners upgraded Intellia Therapeutics (NASDAQ: NTLA) from Market Perform to Outperform with a price target of $32.00 on valuation.
Analyst Michael Schmidt commented, "We believe the current valuation, close to the mid-point of the in IPO range of $16-$18, represents an attractive entry point to own one of the most exciting technology platforms Biotech has to offer. NTLA is a leader in the development of CRISPR/Cas9-based genome editing therapeutics. NTLA's platform has, in our view, disruptive potential that could significantly expand the potential of existing genome therapeutics. We have a positive view of NTLA's risk-diversified pipeline strategy and partnerships with NVS (MP) and REGN (OP) that serve as strong validation for the platform and IP position. That said, clinical proof-of-concept for CRISPR/Cas9 technology is still outstanding and we don't expect NTLA's first product to move into the clinic until 2018. We're positive on the huge potential of the technology, NTLA's management and strategy long term, with the caveat that the technology is still in early development stages. NTLA ended 2Q16 with $301M in cash and equivalents. We are updating estimates to reflect 2Q16 financial results. Our PT is $32/share."
Shares of Intellia Therapeutics closed at $17.66 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- NXP Semiconductors (NXPI) PT Raised at Oppenheimer Ahead of Earnings and Potential M&A
- UBS Remains Sidelined on Kindred Healthcare (KND) Ahead of 3Q Report
- SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Reiterates Buy as TD Ameritrade (AMTD) Announces Scottrade Acquisition
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesEarnings, IPO
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!