Leerink Partners Upgrades Intellia Therapeutics (NTLA) to Outperform
- Wall St. rises amid robust GDP data, mixed earnings
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- AbbVie (ABBV) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Leerink Partners upgraded Intellia Therapeutics (NASDAQ: NTLA) from Market Perform to Outperform with a price target of $32.00 on valuation.
Analyst Michael Schmidt commented, "We believe the current valuation, close to the mid-point of the in IPO range of $16-$18, represents an attractive entry point to own one of the most exciting technology platforms Biotech has to offer. NTLA is a leader in the development of CRISPR/Cas9-based genome editing therapeutics. NTLA's platform has, in our view, disruptive potential that could significantly expand the potential of existing genome therapeutics. We have a positive view of NTLA's risk-diversified pipeline strategy and partnerships with NVS (MP) and REGN (OP) that serve as strong validation for the platform and IP position. That said, clinical proof-of-concept for CRISPR/Cas9 technology is still outstanding and we don't expect NTLA's first product to move into the clinic until 2018. We're positive on the huge potential of the technology, NTLA's management and strategy long term, with the caveat that the technology is still in early development stages. NTLA ended 2Q16 with $301M in cash and equivalents. We are updating estimates to reflect 2Q16 financial results. Our PT is $32/share."
Shares of Intellia Therapeutics closed at $17.66 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wedbush Remains Bullish on Amazon.com (AMZN) Following 3Q
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on Wex, Inc. (WEX) Following 3Q Report
- Cirrus Logic (CRUS) PT Raised to $65 at Needham & Company
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesEarnings, IPO
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!