Leerink Partners Upgrades Intellia Therapeutics (NTLA) to Outperform
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Leerink Partners upgraded Intellia Therapeutics (NASDAQ: NTLA) from Market Perform to Outperform with a price target of $32.00 on valuation.
Analyst Michael Schmidt commented, "We believe the current valuation, close to the mid-point of the in IPO range of $16-$18, represents an attractive entry point to own one of the most exciting technology platforms Biotech has to offer. NTLA is a leader in the development of CRISPR/Cas9-based genome editing therapeutics. NTLA's platform has, in our view, disruptive potential that could significantly expand the potential of existing genome therapeutics. We have a positive view of NTLA's risk-diversified pipeline strategy and partnerships with NVS (MP) and REGN (OP) that serve as strong validation for the platform and IP position. That said, clinical proof-of-concept for CRISPR/Cas9 technology is still outstanding and we don't expect NTLA's first product to move into the clinic until 2018. We're positive on the huge potential of the technology, NTLA's management and strategy long term, with the caveat that the technology is still in early development stages. NTLA ended 2Q16 with $301M in cash and equivalents. We are updating estimates to reflect 2Q16 financial results. Our PT is $32/share."
Shares of Intellia Therapeutics closed at $17.66 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BofA/Merrill Lynch Upgrades CF Industries (CF) to Buy, Says "Consensus Estimates Now Beatable"
- Bassett Furniture (BSET) PT Raised to $28 at Stifel Following 4Q EPS Beat
- UPDATE: SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Downgrades Corporate Office Properties Trust (OFC) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesEarnings, IPO
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!