Leerink Partners Upgrades Intellia Therapeutics (NTLA) to Outperform
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Leerink Partners upgraded Intellia Therapeutics (NASDAQ: NTLA) from Market Perform to Outperform with a price target of $32.00 on valuation.
Analyst Michael Schmidt commented, "We believe the current valuation, close to the mid-point of the in IPO range of $16-$18, represents an attractive entry point to own one of the most exciting technology platforms Biotech has to offer. NTLA is a leader in the development of CRISPR/Cas9-based genome editing therapeutics. NTLA's platform has, in our view, disruptive potential that could significantly expand the potential of existing genome therapeutics. We have a positive view of NTLA's risk-diversified pipeline strategy and partnerships with NVS (MP) and REGN (OP) that serve as strong validation for the platform and IP position. That said, clinical proof-of-concept for CRISPR/Cas9 technology is still outstanding and we don't expect NTLA's first product to move into the clinic until 2018. We're positive on the huge potential of the technology, NTLA's management and strategy long term, with the caveat that the technology is still in early development stages. NTLA ended 2Q16 with $301M in cash and equivalents. We are updating estimates to reflect 2Q16 financial results. Our PT is $32/share."
Shares of Intellia Therapeutics closed at $17.66 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Credit Suisse Upgrades Juniper Networks (JNPR) to Outperform
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Francesca's (FRAN) Following 3Q Report
- BWS Financial Cuts Price Target on Sigma Designs (SIGM) to $5.00
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesEarnings, IPO
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!