Leerink Partners Upgrades Cardiovascular Systems (CSII) to Outperform
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Leerink Partners upgraded Cardiovascular Systems (NASDAQ: CSII) from Market Perform to Outperform with a price target of $30.00 on solid growth potential and improving execution.
Analyst Danielle Antalffy commented, "We are upgrading CSII to OP with a $30 12-month price target. Now with two solid quarters in a row of stable-to-improving growth and a new CEO in place, we believe the company has reached a fundamental inflection point after several quarters of underperformance in light of sales force disruptions and poor execution. We have always believed that CSII is well-positioned to be a market leader in a peripheral atherectomy market growing sustainably in the high-single-digit range and a coronary atherectomy market growing even faster, given its competitive advantage in both calcified lesions and below the knee – both heavily underpenetrated markets within the space. Beyond the top line, CSII’s recent efforts to control cost – announcing a restructuring in March that includes an 8% reduction in the workforce – could push the company to profitability faster than we had previously expected. We now believe CSII can turn net income profitable by mid-to-late FY2018E – four quarters earlier than our prior late 2019E assumption. And the company seems poised to turn cash flow positive even sooner – in the current FY2017. This pathway to profitability can and should enable CSII to attract a broader investor base and attract new money to the name that can continue to support shares."
Shares of Cardiovascular Systems closed at $22.60 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pivotal Research Upgrades Flowers Foods (FLO) to Hold
- Argus Downgrades Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF) to Sell
- BMO Capital Raises Price Target on Dollar Tree (DLTR) to $96; Reiterates Market Perform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Upgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!