Leerink Partners Upgrades Cardiovascular Systems (CSII) to Outperform
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Leerink Partners upgraded Cardiovascular Systems (NASDAQ: CSII) from Market Perform to Outperform with a price target of $30.00 on solid growth potential and improving execution.
Analyst Danielle Antalffy commented, "We are upgrading CSII to OP with a $30 12-month price target. Now with two solid quarters in a row of stable-to-improving growth and a new CEO in place, we believe the company has reached a fundamental inflection point after several quarters of underperformance in light of sales force disruptions and poor execution. We have always believed that CSII is well-positioned to be a market leader in a peripheral atherectomy market growing sustainably in the high-single-digit range and a coronary atherectomy market growing even faster, given its competitive advantage in both calcified lesions and below the knee – both heavily underpenetrated markets within the space. Beyond the top line, CSII’s recent efforts to control cost – announcing a restructuring in March that includes an 8% reduction in the workforce – could push the company to profitability faster than we had previously expected. We now believe CSII can turn net income profitable by mid-to-late FY2018E – four quarters earlier than our prior late 2019E assumption. And the company seems poised to turn cash flow positive even sooner – in the current FY2017. This pathway to profitability can and should enable CSII to attract a broader investor base and attract new money to the name that can continue to support shares."
Shares of Cardiovascular Systems closed at $22.60 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wells Fargo Upgrades Tiffany & Co. (TIF) to Market Perform; Demand Trends Stabilizing
- UPDATE: RBC Capital Upgrades PACCAR (PCAR) to Outperform
- Needham & Company Upgrades Magnachip Semiconductor (MX) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Upgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!