Leerink Partners Resumes GW Pharma (GWPH) at Outperform
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/2: (ASNA) (HTBX) (REPH) Higher; (PLX) (MEMP) (DRYS) Lower
- Bond yields fall on U.S. jobs data, euro flat before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Leerink Partners resumes coverage on GW Pharma (NASDAQ: GWPH) with a Outperform rating and a price target of $162.00.
Analyst Paul Matteis commented, "We are highly positive on the potential uptake trajectory of Epidiolex, the approval for which appears mostly de-risked after 3 successful ph III trials in Dravet Syndrome (DS) & Lennox Gastaut (LGS). As GW approaches the next stage of its life-cycle - where ahead of approval, investors will wonder if GW will sell or launch independently - we believe either path offers an avenue to stock upside. While nascent commercial biotechs tend to pioneer relatively slow product rollouts, we see multiple points of optimism regarding a GW-led global launch: (1) strong clinical profile of, and "hype" surrounding Epidiolex - >1,000 patients on drug today; (2) significant level of unmet medical need in DS, LGS & refractory seizures; (3) small subset of core prescribers - just ~4-5k epileptologists in the US; (4) the experience of CCO Julian Gangoli, who previously ran commercial for Allergan North America."
Shares of GW Pharma closed at $132.68 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts Shopify (SHOP) at Perform
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
- Dougherty & Co Starts Quality Systems (QSII) at Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!