Leerink Partners Resumes Alkermes (ALKS) at Outperform
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Leerink Partners resumes coverage on Alkermes (NASDAQ: ALKS) with a Outperform rating and a price target of $57.00.
Analyst Paul Matteis commented, "Alkermes is a diversified biotechnology company that in 2016, suffered a significant pipeline setback (ALKS5461) but simultaneously made outstanding commercial progress as legacy product Vivitrol (addiction) looks to be hitting inflection point on its growth curve. Our ALKS 4Q16/2017 outlook is favorable on balance but not positive across the board: we are more optimistic than the Street on the prospects for Vivitrol, Aristada (long acting Abilify) and ALKS3831 (schizophrenia); however we're in line with consensus on ALKS5461 (depression) and more cautious on ALKS8700 (Multiple Sclerosis [MS]). Very near term, we think the risk/reward on ALKS shares (~10% downside, ~30% upside) is fairly balanced on a risk-adjusted basis into FORWARD5 results which are expected this quarter. However, after '5461 data we think the stock outlook improves significantly, as we expect continued robust Vivitrol growth, commercial traction for Aristada, and increased enthusiasm on other pipeline programs as they approach data."
Shares of Alkermes closed at $46.94 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Alkermes (ALKS) PT Raised to $70 at Credit Suisse
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Raised to $47 at Credit Suisse; Results Just 'Ok' But Visability Increases Conviction
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Reliance Steel (RS) Following 3Q EPS Miss and Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!