Leerink Partners Resumes Alkermes (ALKS) at Outperform
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Leerink Partners resumes coverage on Alkermes (NASDAQ: ALKS) with a Outperform rating and a price target of $57.00.
Analyst Paul Matteis commented, "Alkermes is a diversified biotechnology company that in 2016, suffered a significant pipeline setback (ALKS5461) but simultaneously made outstanding commercial progress as legacy product Vivitrol (addiction) looks to be hitting inflection point on its growth curve. Our ALKS 4Q16/2017 outlook is favorable on balance but not positive across the board: we are more optimistic than the Street on the prospects for Vivitrol, Aristada (long acting Abilify) and ALKS3831 (schizophrenia); however we're in line with consensus on ALKS5461 (depression) and more cautious on ALKS8700 (Multiple Sclerosis [MS]). Very near term, we think the risk/reward on ALKS shares (~10% downside, ~30% upside) is fairly balanced on a risk-adjusted basis into FORWARD5 results which are expected this quarter. However, after '5461 data we think the stock outlook improves significantly, as we expect continued robust Vivitrol growth, commercial traction for Aristada, and increased enthusiasm on other pipeline programs as they approach data."
Shares of Alkermes closed at $46.94 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Drexel Hamilton Reiterates Buy on IBM (IBM) Following 4Q Report
- UPDATE: Benchmark Starts Cross Country Healthcare (CCRN) at Buy
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) PT Raised to $105 at Oppenheimer Following 1Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!