Leerink Partners Remains Bullish on Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Following Announced Joint Venture
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Leerink Partners reiterated an Outperform rating on Walgreens Boosts Alliance (NASDAQ: WBA) following the company's announcement that it will be forming a Strategic Joint Venture with Prime Theraputics, combining the companies' central specialty and mail service businesses.
Analyst David Larsen commented, "This morning Walgreens and Prime Therapeutics announced that they will be forming a strategic alliance, that includes a retail network agreement, and which combines the companies' Central Specialty pharmacies and mail service businesses. Walgreens will be the 'core participant in Prime's national preferred pharmacy network,' and the mail and specialty business will be consolidated by Walgreens. We view this deal as being somewhat significant to Walgreens. It's interesting that Walgreens now has seemingly preferred deals in place with both Optum and Prime, which may be an attempt to counter-act CVS' Maintenance Choice Program. It is unclear what impact this 'transaction' will have on Walgreens' P&L as terms of the deal were not disclosed."
Shares of Walgreens Boosts Alliance closed at $79.39 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Walgreens (WBA) Said Close to Finalizing Rite Aid (RAD) Deal with FTC - CTFN News
- FBR Capital Raises Price Target on Methode Electronics (MEI) Following Better Than Expected 2Q
- Credit Suisse Upgrades CVR Refining (CVRR) to Outperform; Most Exposed to RINs
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!