Leerink Partners Remains Bullish on Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Following Announced Joint Venture
- Wall Street dips as telecoms slump; AmEx surges
- Microsoft (MSFT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- AMD (AMD) Posts Q3 Operating EPS of 3c; Sees Q4 Revenue Down Sequentially
- AT&T (T) Said to Discuss Idea of Takeover in Time Warner (TWX) Meetings
- Alkermes plc (ALKS) Announces Third ALKS 5461 Phase 3 Met Primary Endpoint in MDD
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Leerink Partners reiterated an Outperform rating on Walgreens Boosts Alliance (NASDAQ: WBA) following the company's announcement that it will be forming a Strategic Joint Venture with Prime Theraputics, combining the companies' central specialty and mail service businesses.
Analyst David Larsen commented, "This morning Walgreens and Prime Therapeutics announced that they will be forming a strategic alliance, that includes a retail network agreement, and which combines the companies' Central Specialty pharmacies and mail service businesses. Walgreens will be the 'core participant in Prime's national preferred pharmacy network,' and the mail and specialty business will be consolidated by Walgreens. We view this deal as being somewhat significant to Walgreens. It's interesting that Walgreens now has seemingly preferred deals in place with both Optum and Prime, which may be an attempt to counter-act CVS' Maintenance Choice Program. It is unclear what impact this 'transaction' will have on Walgreens' P&L as terms of the deal were not disclosed."
Shares of Walgreens Boosts Alliance closed at $79.39 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Tops Q4 EPS by 8c; Guides FY17 EPS
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) volatility increases into Q4 and outlook
- Walgreens Boots Alliance Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal 2016 Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!