Leerink Partners Remains Bullish on Cerner (CERN) Following Weak 3Q Report
- Wall Street falls with financials, other post-election gainers
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shortens sentence of Manning, who gave secrets to WikiLeaks
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/17: (SHLO) Higher; (GIMO) (AFAM) (CSX) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Leerink Partners maintained an Outperform rating on Cerner (NASDAQ: CERN), and cut the price target to $65.00 (from $70.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. CERN reported adjusted EPS of $0.59 compared to the consensus of $0.60. Revenue of $1.185B missed the consensus estimate of $1.244B.
Analyst David Larsen commented, "CERN reported F3Q:16 results. Revenue, adjusted EPS, and bookings all missed our estimates and consensus. While the quarter was light, CERN posted its second best bookings quarter in the history of the firm, and preliminary 2017 guidance looks decent. We believe that CERN is approaching its long-term steady state of ~5-10% y/y growth in bookings and ~10% top-line growth, which in our view means that the stock deserves to trade at ~21.7x our NTM EPS estimate implying a share price of $65.00. While the market is slowing, management indicated that the pipeline is "at an all-time high," and our MEDACorp checks consistently indicate that CERN is winning most of the deals that come to market."
Shares of Cerner closed at $57.34 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: JPMorgan Downgrades OneMain (OMF) to Neutral
- Morgan Stanley Re-Values Hilton Worldwide (HLT) Following Spin-Offs & Reverse Stock Split
- Cowen Raises Price Target on GigOptix (GIG) to $4 Following 4Q Pre-announcement
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!