Leerink Partners Raises Price Target on Ironwood Pharma (IRWD) to $14; Reiterates Market Perform
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Leerink Partners reiterated a Market Perform rating on Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: IRWD), and raised the price target to $14.00 (from $10.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report. Linzess sales grew to $150.5m, ~2% above forecasts. Underlying sales growth of +34% was driven by 29% Rx volume growth. IRWD will launch Zurampic (gout) in October 2016. Zurampic prevents the reabsorption of uric acid through a mechanism that is complementary to xanthine oxidase inhibitors (XOI) such as allopurinol.
Analyst Jason M. Gerberry commented, "IRWD reported 2Q Linzess sales of ~$151m, slightly above our est. of $147m in a relatively straightforward qtr. Based on 2Q updates – we are now modeling risk adjusted life cycle management (LCM) contribution from colonic release through 2034E, which along with modest upward revisions to our Linzess forecasts in out-years increases our price target to $14/shr (from $10/shr). We are increasing our OpEx spend for 2016E to $321m (from $306m) to reflect increased spend on Zurampic (gout) launch and spend associated with development of a fixed-dose combination Zurampic-allopurinol agent, and our '17-21E OpEx spend by 3-6% for Linzess LCM programs, which offsets some of the upside from the inclusion of risk adjusted colonic release to our model. We remain MP."
Shares of Ironwood Pharmaceuticals closed at $14.16 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Raises Price Target on II-VI, Inc. (IIVI) Following 1Q Beat
- Cynosure (CYNO) PT, Estimates Trimmed at Stifel Despite Solid Results
- Intersil (ISIL) PT Bumped to $22 at Stifel
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!