Leerink Partners Downgrades McKesson (MCK) to Market Perform
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Leerink Partners downgraded McKesson (NYSE: MCK) from Outperform to Market Perform with a price target of $160.00.
Analyst David Larsen commented, "MCK reported F2Q:17 adjusted EPS of $2.94 (-11% y/y) which was well below Leerink/Consensus of $3.10/$3.04. Management also reduced F2017 EPS guidance by $1.08 at the midpoint. We are downgrading the stock to Market Perform due to deteriorating fundamentals, including: (1) a significant slowdown in brand inflation, (2) far less generic inflation, (3) a slowdown in the value of generic launches, (4) a more competitive pricing environment, (5) a business model where manufacturers are demanding more economics, (6) company specific headwinds such as RAD, and (7) a lack of transparency on earnings. Given all of these challenges we believe the stock deserves to trade at a "low-teens" multiple at best, and we believe the days of hyper-inflation beats and raises are over. We downgrade MCK to MP."
Shares of McKesson closed at $160.50 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Ulta Salon (ULTA) to $270; Reiterates Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!