Leerink Partners Downgrades Gilead Sciences (GILD) to Market Perform
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Leerink Partners downgraded Gilead Sciences (NASDAQ: GILD) from Outperform to Market Perform with a price target of $94.00 (from $112.00), saying HCV is eroding faster than expected.
Analyst Geoffrey Porges commented, "This sizable change in price target is driven by our updated forecast for the company’s HCV business, about which we have long been cautious but have now turned outright bearish. Our existing HCV estimates were already materially below consensus, and we now think that HCV revenues will decline faster, and farther, than we had previously estimated, and than consensus currently forecasts. Our Gilead HCV revenue forecast is reduced by 17% in 2017, and then by 20-25% in later periods. This amounts to a $2-2.5bn cut in our expected sales for each year after 2017. This lower forecast will inevitably be associated with margin erosion, and we have lowered our EBIT margin forecast by 310-480bps in each year after 2016. This still leaves our model with a 64% operating margin in 2020E, on $26bn in total revenue, which is materially below consensus."
Shares of Gilead Sciences closed at $80.62 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Marvell (MRVL) to Sell
- Crocs (CROX) PT, Estimates Trimmed at Susquehanna
- KLR Group Downgrades Continental Resources (CLR) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!