Leerink Partners Downgrades Gilead Sciences (GILD) to Market Perform
- Wall St. gains across sectors ahead of Trump inauguration
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Herbalife (HLF) Says SEC Requested Documents on Anti-Corruption Compliance in China; Reviewed with DoJ
- Investment Focus: History suggests Trump month will be stocks down, dollar up
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Leerink Partners downgraded Gilead Sciences (NASDAQ: GILD) from Outperform to Market Perform with a price target of $94.00 (from $112.00), saying HCV is eroding faster than expected.
Analyst Geoffrey Porges commented, "This sizable change in price target is driven by our updated forecast for the company’s HCV business, about which we have long been cautious but have now turned outright bearish. Our existing HCV estimates were already materially below consensus, and we now think that HCV revenues will decline faster, and farther, than we had previously estimated, and than consensus currently forecasts. Our Gilead HCV revenue forecast is reduced by 17% in 2017, and then by 20-25% in later periods. This amounts to a $2-2.5bn cut in our expected sales for each year after 2017. This lower forecast will inevitably be associated with margin erosion, and we have lowered our EBIT margin forecast by 310-480bps in each year after 2016. This still leaves our model with a 64% operating margin in 2020E, on $26bn in total revenue, which is materially below consensus."
Shares of Gilead Sciences closed at $80.62 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Checkpoint Software (CHKP) PT Raised to $94 at Stifel Following 4Q Beat
- UPDATE: SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Downgrades Simon Property Group (SPG) to Hold
- Union Pacific (UNP) PT Raised to $102 at Stifel Following 4Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!