Leerink Partners Downgrades AmerisourceBergen (ABC) to Market Perform on Deteriorating Fundamentals
- Wall Street gains, helped by oil, economic data
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/5: (NVCN) (BCEI) (MEMP) Higher; (GTXI) (CERC) (HDSN) Lower
- Oil hits 16-month high in buying rush after OPEC agreement
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Leerink Partners downgraded AmerisourceBergen (NYSE: ABC) from Outperform to Market Perform with a price target of $75.00 (from $100.00) citing deteriorating fundamentals.
Analyst David Larsen commented, "We are downgrading shares of ABC to Market Perform. Following the quarter, and after working through our model, we believe that there will continue to be significant risk to earnings as we progress into 2017. On the call management indicated that generic deflation is trending above 9% (vs. guidance of 7-9%), it's very possible the RAD deal won't close, and industry headwinds put back-half loaded earnings at greater risk. We believe that ABC will continue to face headwinds from (1) brand and generic pricing (2) lower contribution from new generic launches, (3) heightened competition from peers due to pricing issues, (4) greater oversight from Washington including the potential negative impact from the Part B rule and (5) volume comps may be challenging since the market has largely lapped expanded coverage. We downgrade shares of ABC to MP on deteriorating fundamentals."
Shares of AmerisourceBergen closed at $72.32 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Marvell (MRVL) to Sell
- KLR Group Raises Price Target on PDC Energy (PDCE) to $90
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Parker-Hannifin (PH) Ahead of Acquisition Close
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!