Leerink Partners Downgrades AmerisourceBergen (ABC) to Market Perform on Deteriorating Fundamentals
- ECB to scale back asset buys as it extends to end-2017
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Wall Street set to open flat after record day
- Oil rallies over $50 despite OPEC output cut doubts
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/08: (VYGR) (TLRD) (LULU) Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Leerink Partners downgraded AmerisourceBergen (NYSE: ABC) from Outperform to Market Perform with a price target of $75.00 (from $100.00) citing deteriorating fundamentals.
Analyst David Larsen commented, "We are downgrading shares of ABC to Market Perform. Following the quarter, and after working through our model, we believe that there will continue to be significant risk to earnings as we progress into 2017. On the call management indicated that generic deflation is trending above 9% (vs. guidance of 7-9%), it's very possible the RAD deal won't close, and industry headwinds put back-half loaded earnings at greater risk. We believe that ABC will continue to face headwinds from (1) brand and generic pricing (2) lower contribution from new generic launches, (3) heightened competition from peers due to pricing issues, (4) greater oversight from Washington including the potential negative impact from the Part B rule and (5) volume comps may be challenging since the market has largely lapped expanded coverage. We downgrade shares of ABC to MP on deteriorating fundamentals."
Shares of AmerisourceBergen closed at $72.32 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Guggenheim Reiterates Buy on United Natural Foods (UNFI) Following 1Q Report
- lululemon athletica (LULU): Raising Estimates, Cutting Valuation Range - Wells Fargo
- Jefferies Downgrades SL Green Realty (SLG) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!