Leerink Partners Downgrades AmerisourceBergen (ABC) to Market Perform on Deteriorating Fundamentals
- Target (TGT) November/December Comps Fell 1.3%; Lowers Guidance
- US Drone Market Could Reach 6 Million By 2019 - Oppenheimer
- Eli Lilly (LLY) to Acquire CoLucid Pharmaceuticals (CLCD) for $960M
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Leerink Partners downgraded AmerisourceBergen (NYSE: ABC) from Outperform to Market Perform with a price target of $75.00 (from $100.00) citing deteriorating fundamentals.
Analyst David Larsen commented, "We are downgrading shares of ABC to Market Perform. Following the quarter, and after working through our model, we believe that there will continue to be significant risk to earnings as we progress into 2017. On the call management indicated that generic deflation is trending above 9% (vs. guidance of 7-9%), it's very possible the RAD deal won't close, and industry headwinds put back-half loaded earnings at greater risk. We believe that ABC will continue to face headwinds from (1) brand and generic pricing (2) lower contribution from new generic launches, (3) heightened competition from peers due to pricing issues, (4) greater oversight from Washington including the potential negative impact from the Part B rule and (5) volume comps may be challenging since the market has largely lapped expanded coverage. We downgrade shares of ABC to MP on deteriorating fundamentals."
Shares of AmerisourceBergen closed at $72.32 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Leerink Partners Upgrades AmerisourceBergen (ABC) to Outperform
- UPDATE: JPMorgan Downgrades OneMain (OMF) to Neutral
- Aegis Capital Starts Cabot Microelectronics (CCMP) at Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!