Leerink Partners Downgrades Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY) to Market Perform
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Leerink Partners downgraded Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: ALNY) from Outperform to Market Perform with a price target of $40.00 (from $107.00) after the company discontinued development of revusiran.
Analyst Michael Schmidt commented, "We are downgrading ALNY to Market Perform following today's news that the company has discontinued development of revusiran which had been in a randomized Phase III trial ("ENDEAVOUR") for the treatment of hereditary ATTR amyloidosis with cardiomyopathy (hATTR-CM). ALNY observed an imbalance in mortality rate in the treatment arm, after unblinding the trial due to safety concerns. Several possible hypotheses exist that could potentially explain the increased mortality rate in the absence of more specific information, and ALNY is currently analyzing the data with an investor update planned in the near future. We do believe ALNY's leading therapeutic RNAi platform holds tremendous potential and other programs which are based on more potent next-gen technology are at this point not affected by today's news. Our lower rating and PT however reflect an increased level of uncertainty around ALNY's pipeline; we have removed revusiran from our valuation and increased the discount rate to reflect higher platform risk, resulting in our new $40/share PT."
Shares of Alnylam Pharmaceuticals closed at $70.30 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- T-Mobile (TMUS) Potential Capacity Crunch May Slow Momentum vs. Sprint (S) - FBR
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Kimberly-Clark (KMB) Following 3Q Report
- UBS Raises Price Target on Zions Bancorp (ZION) to $29 Following 3Q EPS Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!