Leerink Partners Downgrades Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY) to Market Perform
- Wall Street dips as telecoms slump; AmEx surges
- Microsoft (MSFT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- AMD (AMD) Posts Q3 Operating EPS of 3c; Sees Q4 Revenue Down Sequentially
- AT&T (T) Said to Discuss Idea of Takeover in Time Warner (TWX) Meetings
- After-Hours Stock Movers 10/20: (CERC) (ALKS) (PFPT) (MSFT) Higher; (SKX) (RRGB) (AMD) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Leerink Partners downgraded Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: ALNY) from Outperform to Market Perform with a price target of $40.00 (from $107.00) after the company discontinued development of revusiran.
Analyst Michael Schmidt commented, "We are downgrading ALNY to Market Perform following today's news that the company has discontinued development of revusiran which had been in a randomized Phase III trial ("ENDEAVOUR") for the treatment of hereditary ATTR amyloidosis with cardiomyopathy (hATTR-CM). ALNY observed an imbalance in mortality rate in the treatment arm, after unblinding the trial due to safety concerns. Several possible hypotheses exist that could potentially explain the increased mortality rate in the absence of more specific information, and ALNY is currently analyzing the data with an investor update planned in the near future. We do believe ALNY's leading therapeutic RNAi platform holds tremendous potential and other programs which are based on more potent next-gen technology are at this point not affected by today's news. Our lower rating and PT however reflect an increased level of uncertainty around ALNY's pipeline; we have removed revusiran from our valuation and increased the discount rate to reflect higher platform risk, resulting in our new $40/share PT."
Shares of Alnylam Pharmaceuticals closed at $70.30 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Cuts Price Target on Syntel, Inc. (SYNT) Following Weak 3Q
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Genuine Parts (GPC) to $95 Following 3Q Report
- Deutsche Bank Downgrades Willis Towers Watson (WLTW) to Sell
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!