Leerink Partners Downgrades Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY) to Market Perform
- Top 10 News for 10/24 - 10/28: AT&T (T), Time Warner Make it Official; Margins Hamper Apple's Q4; Mergers Aplenty
- Wall St. falls as FBI to review more Clinton emails
- Clinton email problem resurfaces as FBI announces review
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Leerink Partners downgraded Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: ALNY) from Outperform to Market Perform with a price target of $40.00 (from $107.00) after the company discontinued development of revusiran.
Analyst Michael Schmidt commented, "We are downgrading ALNY to Market Perform following today's news that the company has discontinued development of revusiran which had been in a randomized Phase III trial ("ENDEAVOUR") for the treatment of hereditary ATTR amyloidosis with cardiomyopathy (hATTR-CM). ALNY observed an imbalance in mortality rate in the treatment arm, after unblinding the trial due to safety concerns. Several possible hypotheses exist that could potentially explain the increased mortality rate in the absence of more specific information, and ALNY is currently analyzing the data with an investor update planned in the near future. We do believe ALNY's leading therapeutic RNAi platform holds tremendous potential and other programs which are based on more potent next-gen technology are at this point not affected by today's news. Our lower rating and PT however reflect an increased level of uncertainty around ALNY's pipeline; we have removed revusiran from our valuation and increased the discount rate to reflect higher platform risk, resulting in our new $40/share PT."
Shares of Alnylam Pharmaceuticals closed at $70.30 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Leerink Partners Downgrades McKesson (MCK) to Market Perform
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on Wex, Inc. (WEX) Following 3Q Report
- Alphabet (GOOGL) (GOOG) PT Lifted to $1000 at Oppenheimer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!