Leerink Partners Downgrades Affimed Therapeutics (AFMD) to Market Perform
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
- Microsoft (MSFT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- Oil rises on Russia's output freeze commitment
- AMD (AMD) Posts Q3 Operating EPS of 3c; Sees Q4 Revenue Down Sequentially
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Leerink Partners downgraded Affimed Therapeutics (NASDAQ: AFMD) from Outperform to Market Perform with a price target of $3.00 (from $8.00).
Analyst Michael Schmidt commented, "We are downgrading shares of AFMD to Market Perform, given that the company's two clinical stage product candidates are progressing only slowly, and we’re more cautious about the company’s ability to achieve rapid approvals while competition has been increasing. Lack of a strong strategic partner and a refocused development strategy for lead asset AFM13 increase development risk and timelines. In absence of meaningful catalysts near-term, we expect the stock to remain range-bound. Our new PT of ~$3 reflects reduced market assumptions and pushed-out timelines for AFMD’s product candidates. Our model has been updated for 2Q16 results, which AFMD ended with €58.6M in cash and equivalents which mgmt expects to fund operations over the next 18 months."
Shares of Affimed Therapeutics closed at $2.95 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Proofpoint (PFPT) PT Raised to $90 at Nomura on Solid Q3
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Genuine Parts (GPC) to $95 Following 3Q Report
- Seagate Technology (STX): Few Surprises But Vague Guidance - BMO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!