Leerink Partners Downgrades Affimed Therapeutics (AFMD) to Market Perform
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Leerink Partners downgraded Affimed Therapeutics (NASDAQ: AFMD) from Outperform to Market Perform with a price target of $3.00 (from $8.00).
Analyst Michael Schmidt commented, "We are downgrading shares of AFMD to Market Perform, given that the company's two clinical stage product candidates are progressing only slowly, and we’re more cautious about the company’s ability to achieve rapid approvals while competition has been increasing. Lack of a strong strategic partner and a refocused development strategy for lead asset AFM13 increase development risk and timelines. In absence of meaningful catalysts near-term, we expect the stock to remain range-bound. Our new PT of ~$3 reflects reduced market assumptions and pushed-out timelines for AFMD’s product candidates. Our model has been updated for 2Q16 results, which AFMD ended with €58.6M in cash and equivalents which mgmt expects to fund operations over the next 18 months."
Shares of Affimed Therapeutics closed at $2.95 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- Maxim Integrated (MXIM) PT Bumped to $45 at Jefferies Following In-Line Results on Note 7 Impact
- Microsoft (MSFT): Still Grossly Overvalued - Jefferies
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!