Leerink Partners Cuts price Target as Computer Programs & Systems (CPSI) Encounters Headwinds
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Leerink Partners reiterated a Market Perform rating on Computer Programs and Systems (NASDAQ: CPSI), and cut the price target to $26.00 (from $45.00), after updating estimates. CPSI and Healthland are facing significant headwinds. Legacy CPSI bookings declined to 15.8M in 2Q16 from an average of ~$19.4M per quarter in 2015. This decline reflects a slowdown in the market and share attrition. Leerink cut 2016 EPS estimates from $3.00 to $2.01, which is below the consensus of $2.15.
Analyst David Larsen commented, "We are publishing an updated model for CPSI. While the company has acquired Healthland, we are cautious on CPSI and its ability to win significant share in 2016 and 2017. We continue to view the acquisition of Healthland as being one of necessity by both parties. We do believe management will be able to realize significant cost synergies; however, we think that the company will struggle long term in delivering earnings growth. We view the removal of guidance to be due mainly to the volatility in non-recurring business and an indication of challenged fundamentals. We maintain our Market Perform rating on CPSI."
Shares of Computer Programs and Systems closed at $25.82 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Lifted to $48 at Mizuho Following Solid Q3
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Reliance Steel (RS) Following 3Q EPS Miss and Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!