Leerink Partners Cuts Price Target on Endologix (ELGX) to $8 Following Analyst Day
- Wall Street gains, helped by oil, economic data
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/5: (NVCN) (BCEI) (MEMP) Higher; (GTXI) (CERC) (HDSN) Lower
- Oil hits 16-month high in buying rush after OPEC agreement
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Leerink Partners maintained a Market Perform rating on Endologix (NASDAQ: ELGX), and cut the price target to $8.00 (from $11.00), following the company's analyst day. The focus of the presentation was around Nellix. There was news on Wednesday that potential approval has been pushed out ~6 months. This comes following a request for additional info from the FDA. Management also updated 2016 revenue guidance to $198-$200M (vs. $198-$201M prior) as ELGX anticipates more limited Nellix usage in Europe following its label change to a narrower IFU.
Analyst Ravi Misra commented, "We remain MP on ELGX following the company's analyst day at the VEITH symposium. The focus was understandably around Nellix given now narrower instructions for use (IFU) and Wednesday's (11/16) news that potential approval has been pushed out ~6 months given a request for additional info from the FDA. Nellix remains the company's key growth driver and while we continue to believe the device will receive FDA approval (now a potential 2Q18 event vs. 4Q17 prior) the narrower indication is expected to have a negative ripple effect on sales to existing users in Europe that further reinforces our view that meaningful Nellix driven upside to estimates is unlikely. As a result, mgmt also lowered the top end of '16 rev. guidance by $1M as European clinicians begin to adjust usage, and this is expected to have an impact into '17 as well. As a result, our estimates and multiple move lower and PT is reduced to $8 (vs. $11)."
Shares of Endologix closed at $7.81 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Marvell (MRVL) to Sell
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- Benchmark Remains Bullish as Marcus Corporation (MCS) Announces Wehrenberg Theaters Acquisition
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!